Check out 'Video Gallery Pro jQuery Addon for Visual Composer' on #EnvatoMarket by @themeofwp #codecanyon https://t.co/k5JZiSokp0
1 month Ago
You have less than two weeks until the big day (Halloween!) and I’ve rounded up 8 fun Halloween appetizers for your holiday party that are guaranteed to impress and awe your guests! All of these ideas are easy to assemble with simple ingredients that can be found in anyone’s kitchen. They either call for guacamole or hummus, making it as least complicated as possible and only requiring a little Halloween imagination. So let’s get our hands a little dirty in the kitchen and have some spooky fun!
What you’ll need to make these GuacaMonsters:
2. Creepy Crudite Platter: This is the perfect starter for any Halloween party. Gross out your guests as they feast on brains, fingers, eyeballs, and blood. Yet as grossed as they might be, they will find these appetizers refreshingly delicious. Never before have you heard your friends say, “I am really enjoying the way these fingers taste!” or “I’m sticking with the brains!” or even, “I didn’t know eating eyeballs could be so good for you!” (and hopefully this will be THE only time you hear it). This platter is so easy to make too!
What you’ll need to make this Crudite Platter:
3. Graveyard Taco Cups: Layered with black beans, homemade guacamole (you can even use store bought…see? Easier!), black olives and green onions, these individpual cuties are topped off with edible tombstones and creepy trees made from tortillas. They make the creepiest appetizers or even dinner (think layering these Graveyards into a larger pan instead of cups and topping off with the tombstones to look like an entire cemetery dinner).
What you’ll need for these Graveyard Cups:
4. Dia de los Muertos Hummus Dip: You can go two ways with this recipe. It can either be an appetizer dip for your next Halloween party or you can make this a DIY edible activity/competition (which makes this a Dia de los Muertos Hummus Dip to DIY for…get it?! <–Halloween puns that never stop). You can set up for each person a selection of veggies, cutting boards, a knife, an oval plate, and a tub of hummus and allow the participants to create their own skull designs. Maybe have a prize waiting for the most creative design?
What you’ll need to make this Hummus Dip:
5. Witchy Guacamole Dip: Looking for an easy appetizer to throw together for your next Halloween party? Or what about a fun intro into dinner for the night of Trick-or-Treating with the kids? Having healthy ingredients on hand can be magically turned into fun, holiday-inspired food like this Witchy Guacamole Dip. What a way to celebrate this holiday that honors candy the most with good-for-you ingredients like heart-healthy avocado, beta-carotene-rich carrots, and organic tortilla chips made from blue corn?!
What you’ll need to make this Witchy Dip:
6. Bride of Frankenstein Dip: For those of us not interested in getting too technical or even turning a stove on for Halloween, have I got the perfect recipe idea! The Bride of Frankenstein really doesn’t get too much attention for Halloween these days so I thought I would showcase her best in guacamole dip and chips form.
What you’ll need to make these Bride of Frankenstein Dip:
7. Skeleton Veggie Platter: This skeleton veggie platter is the perfect healthy party appetizer yet still frightful enough to make your guests do a double take!
What you’ll need to make this Skeleton Dip:
8. Halloween Guacamole Bats: A dollop of guacamole topped with black olive eyes and blue corn chip wings makes for the cutest little Halloween Bats for your guests to eat!
What you’ll need to make these GuacaBats:
Be sure to tag @forkandbeans if you plan on making any of these recipes. I love to see your recreations of my work! It makes me so happy.